Tax & Energy Savings
The tax credit for energy star qualified products has been extended for 2016
The personal federal tax credit credit includes many home improvements such as water heaters, furnaces, boilers, heat pumps, central air conditioners, building insulation, windows and doors, roofs and circulating fans used in energy star rated furnaces.
There are some technical window requirements that must be met, including meeting or exceend the Energy Star program requirements. Talk to your Lindsay dealer for more information.
- Keep your sales receipt and our manufacturer's certificate (ours is downloadable below)
- Request NFRC labels to be included when your dealer places the order.
- Purchase and installation must be made before Dec. 31, 2016.
- Claim your tax credit on your Federal return for the applicable 2016 tax year.
- You can download IRS form 5695 here which includes instructions for residential energy credits
- Tax credit applies only to the price of remodel products (windows or patio doors). It does not apply to any installation fees or charges. Make sure your installer separates these charges on your invoice.
For more detailed information including technical requirements, see "Tax Credits for Energy Efficiency" icon on th bottom of EnergyStar.gov.
Windows purchased between 1/1/2016 and 12/31/2016
Must have a u-value of equal to or less than .30. All Lindsay Window products with LowE glass and argon gas qualify for the Energy Star Program. You can read more on the Energy Star Program Requirements for Residential Windows, Doors and Skylights by clicking here.
Why Invest in Vinyl Windows and Doors?
There are several advantages to purchasing energy-efficient windows instead of other products:
- Immediately reduces heating and cooling costs.
- Adds beauty and curb appeal to your home.
- Low maintenance makes your life easier.
- Adds value to your home.
DOWNLOAD ALL THE INFORMATION YOU NEED HERE:
Click here to download the 2016 Energy Credit Certificate for windows and patio doors purchased from any location.
Click here to download the 2010 Energy Credit Certificate if you purchased your windows from the North Mankato, Minnesota location.
Click here to download the 2010 Energy Credit Certificate if you purchased your windows from the Union, Missouri location.
Click here to download the 2011 Energy Credit Certificate if you purchased your windows in 2011 from the North Mankato, Minnesota location.
Click here to download the 2012-2013 Energy Credit Certificate if you purchased your windows in 2011 from the North Mankato, Minnesota location.
Click here to download the 2014 Energy Credit Certificate for windows and patio doors purchased from any location.
Certain limitations apply. Consult your tax preparation advisor or the IRS for complete details.